Sunday, February 24, 2008

My trip to St. Andrews

Today I went to the 7:30 Mass at St. Andrews. It was only the second time I have been to a Catholic Church. I attend a Lutheran Church at home but know very few people here that are Lutheran and even fewer that attend church while at school. Instead of giving up something for Lent this year, I decided to start going to a service every Sunday during the season. The majority of the service was very similar to what I was used to. There was alot more kneeling and chanting and less singing than we do. Communion was a little different and of course I couldn't take it because I'm not Catholic but overall I enjoyed it and will probably attend again next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cool experience. We went to a very old Catholic church in New Haven this summer, and I was really surprised at the similarities to my own church. I guess we all have more in common than we often realize. =o)

Sara said...

Hey Lindsey!

Just wanted to let you know that I wrote my blog this week about your presentation. I thought it was great!

Sara

Holly C said...

Hey Lindsey...I just wanted to let you know that I wrote about your presentation in my blog!
Holly