Monday, February 11, 2008

Cover Letters

I haven't written a cover letter yet so this was all very informative. I wasn't aware that it is supposed to be more about the company than yourself but I do think that is a good idea. I also really liked the idea of adding a post script. I think that's a great way to get the reader's attention and to show off. I also think it's important to be persistent without being annoying so I like the idea of going ahead and telling them exactly when you plan to contact them if they have not already contacted you. I also didn't realize that it was actually a bad idea to send your cover letter out all over the internet. I think a lot of job seekers make that mistake, specifically graduating college students. Now I know that a cover letter is used specifically for that company and a generalized mass email cover letter can hurt your chances of getting a job.

No comments: