Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ethical Lapses in History

I think researching ethical lapses in business is one the most interesting assignments we've had. I had never seen that piece of technical writing from the holocaust until this class and I was amazed at the lack of emotion it contained when describing the genocide of so many people. Trying to figure out what "merchandise" they were describing in the short excerpt about remodeling the van was very difficult. Once I realized they were talking about killing people I was horrified. I guess I agree with the common theory that the author was trying to desensitize himself to the act. Although I don't think that makes it any easier to forgive him. I just think it was very eye-opening to see the way technical writing has been used to cover up one of the worst tragedies in our history.

No comments: